Strawberry Words is a small company based in Birmingham, UK. The company exists to help people to develop, learn and grow on a personal level. From coaching and confidence building, to public speaking training, we offer a wide range of bespoke personal development options to help companies and individuals flourish. At the forefront is the Founder and Director Rebbecca Hemmings.
The bottom line is that we are passionate about improving the capabilities of people. We know that being confident, a great communicator and highly skilled in your area of expertise is tantamount to being able to successfully navigate oneself in society and in the workplace.
As a collective, the company has successfully worked with over 5000 UK people since its inception in 2013 when we started working in schools. Our company has now evolved and as well as working in education, we now deliver services with businesses, 3rd sector organisations and individuals.
- Mentoring 20 creative practitioner’s on Birmingham Hippodrome’s leadership programme for creatives called ‘Astonish’ in 2017.
- Facilitating strategy workshops with FleetMilne Estate Agency from 2017 – 2019 and holding them accountable to reaching their projected targets (as of November 2019, they were on track to do this).
- Launching our Eradiate Hate programme in Chrysostom’s Primary, Manchester in Jan 2019.
- Working on the diversity and British values project with the Education Central Multi-Academy Trust schools in 2017. This project saw us help over 900 pupils devise and perform at Wolverhampton University. In partnership with Arts Connect.
- Training Welsh National Opera practitioners in developing drama delivery in 2018.
- Delivering a spoken word and music programme of activity for the Living Arts Network in 2017. Over 6 months our practitioners used everything from SPaG (Spelling Punctuation and Grammar) raps, to exam paper poems to improve literacy levels. The final performance was held at The Old REP Theatre, Birmingham.
This is just a small sample of what we have done. We could mention the work we have delivered for: Black History Month in partnership with mac Birmingham and Blackstory Partnership, Birmingham Hippodrome, EF Academy in Devon, The Core at Corby Cube, West Midlands Fire Service, Wolverhampton Homes, and many more but you can ask us about that stuff anytime.